Design of conflict management systems
Healthy conflict and complaint management starts with the design and implementation of a standardized system allowing easy access, uniformity and follow-up of the methods put in place to respond to the determined needs. Planification and design of such a system implies a detailed evaluation of said needs and of the resources available within the organization, as well as assistance to the staff when communicating and using this system.
Advantages of a conflict management program
SUCH A SYSTEM :
- ensures transparency and uniformity of the process put in place to deal with conflicts and complaints;
- reassures the staff by giving it access to a known and standardized process;
- gives efficiency to the management of conflicts and complaints;
- facilitates the follow-up of the issues;
- improves resolution of conflict as the later is based on a global and diverse experience as opposed to a case by case approach;
- saves the staff responsible for the management of conflict both time and energy.
A few examples of conflict management programs
- internal rules for preventing and resolving conflict;
- code of ethics;
- investigation processes;
- internal appeal policy;
- arbitration and mediation rules;
- internal committees;
- complaint forms.